Friday, December 17, 2010

END OF LINE

Last night, boyfriend and I went to the IMAX 3D midnight showing of Tron: Legacy. After a ridiculous amount of trailers that reassured that I will NEVER see another 3D movie, the movie finally began. Also: POTC just needs to stop. JUST STOP.

The Disney logo shot was pretty damn cool, all laser-y and awesome. The actor who plays Sam Flynn is so close to being hott, but he just doesn't quite make it. He's clever and interesting, but average altogether. Jeff Bridges is/was the male version of HBIC and pretty much owned it. The fact the Clu was a CG Jeff Bridges made it all the more amazing because, for the most part, it looks like a real person. The only real problem was the lack of movement of the facial muscles but other than that, it was good.

The effects were ridiculously amazing and the sound was fan-freaking-tastic. Daft Punk did a wonderful job, proving to the world how talented they are. I'm saying this in this way because I don't know much about them to begin with and for two dudes with crazy helmets to score an entire movie with a full orchestra in addition to the ultra mega techno beats, I am impressed. The light cycles were really awesome but the whole games scene with the red guys and the white guys racing around really dragged in my opinion. Maybe if it was Harry Potter and the long drawn-out scene was, oh, a Quidditch scene or something, maybe I'd feel different.

Quick side note: Oh Olivia Wilde, you beautiful gorgeous amazing woman. Never stop. Keep being you. And the same to you Michael Sheen, for the most part.

The plot was okay. Boyfriend kept pointing out Star Wars references, which made me realize that I haven't seen them in a looooong time and should get on that. Yeah, I'll give Tron: Legacy a C+. It was better than I was expecting and I enjoyed it for the most part, but I wasn't a fan to begin with and I wasn't converted during the film. It was nice and plot-average and effects-extraordinary.

I haven't watched anything today... no that's a lie. I started watching the Cowboy Bebop movie today. Interesting so far. I really really mean to watch the series, hell I even own it, but I just can't seem to get into it. But if I managed to watch the first 20 episodes of Darker Than Black, I can probably make myself watch Bebop. But until then, I'll either bust out more Baccano! tonight or some True Blood season 2. I hate you Steve Newlin, I hate you so much.

1 comment: